Quit Smoking With Vape
Going ‘cold turkey’ can be one of the hardest things when it comes to quitting smoking. If you want to quit smoking for good, you’ll need your body to wean off the nicotine, which will eliminate the craving to smoke. This is where vaping comes in! Vape is a smoking alternative that can be your solution to smoking addiction. This is due to the similar smoking experience that it provides, making it subconsciously easier to quit. This kind of method can be described as a ‘placebo’ effect, meaning that it may seem like a real cigarette (when in actual fact it is not). The idea is to trick your brain into needing less and less nicotine over time. Vape nicotine levels can range from a high nicotine level (+30mg) to zero nicotine. Because of this vast range, you can lower your intake gradually, making it easier to wean yourself off. Eventually, your body will be trained to go without any nicotine!
Quit Smoking Step-by-StepWe know that quitting is hard, so you will want the most comfortable method available. Follow these steps for a great way to kick the habit.
Step 1: PreparationMake sure you go through the following list before you begin to quit smoking:
- Inform any friends or family members about your decision to quit. This is important, as those who smoke around you should understand not to tempt you with their smoking habits. Make sure that you set boundaries, for example: Ensure that they smoke outside your house if they want to smoke, and ask them NOT to offer you any cigarettes.
- Get rid of any cigarette packs lying around. There is no point in saying “let me finish them anyway” or “might as well have the last few,” as you’ll only be making it more difficult for yourself.
- If possible, have a ‘buddy’ to help you. Having someone hold you accountable can help keep you on track. They can do this by checking that you’re not sneaking any cigarettes, or making sure that no one else tries to tempt you at a social function.
Step 2: Buy a Vape KitBuy your vape starter kit. This is the easiest way to get started if you’re new to vaping. Next, you will need to buy E-juice for your vape. To start off, make sure that your E-juice has the same amount of nicotine as your regular cigarette, which can range from 8mg-20mg. This is to get used to smoking a different kind of ‘smoke’ without losing any nicotine yet, so that your body is not thrown into the deep end. You want to respond well to Vape initially, so that the quitting process can be effective. Buy a Starter Vape Kit Directly Here!
Step 3: The First DropOnce you’re comfortable using a vape, it’s time to lower the nicotine level. The key to making this work is by lowering it only ever so slightly, so that you don’t get ‘cold feet’ and revert back to your original smoking habits. This is to get your body used to having less nicotine over time. It could take roughly 2 months to get properly used to it, so don’t rush into it too hard. Keep in mind how long it took for you to get used to a lower nicotine level, as this will be vital for the next step.
Step 4: The ProcessNow you’re comfortably smoking less nicotine, but you need to keep reducing it. You’ll want to gradually change to a lower amount each time you get used to it. For example, if it took you two months to get used to your first drop in nicotine, that will be your marker for how long you should take with the next change. Remember, do this gradually, even if it takes a whole year or more, rather do this properly. Nicotine affects the brain in such a way that it causes changes to neural paths and chemical compounds, creating the ‘need’ for nicotine. This is why it takes time to be rid of the ‘need’, as your brain needs to change back to its original form.
Step 5: The Final DropThe final drop: lose all nicotine and buy some nicotine-free e-liquids for your vape! It may sound impossible to go nicotine free, but remember this: There was a time when you never needed nicotine in the first place. You can even reverse side effects of smoking, if you can quit for good! Most Vape stores offer 0mg, and at Gr8ApeVape, you can select a flavor of your choice and ask for a 0mg version. Now you will be on your way sobriety – addiction free!
Step 6: Preventative MeasuresNow that you have managed to hit the zero-nicotine mark, you need to make sure you don’t fall off the bandwagon. Sobriety is something that needs to be maintained, and there are a few things you can do to prevent relapse.
- Remove yourself from enticing environments. That’s right – clubs, bars, and barbecues (where smoking is permitted) should be off limits. Even smoking friends or family are to be avoided! Remember, this doesn’t mean you can’t hang out with your friends or spend time with family that smoke – it only means that you have to remove yourself from their company if they begin to smoke. Perhaps you can encourage them to quit too!
- Pick up a new healthy habit to prevent the feeling that you’ve lost something. It isn’t easy to quit something like smoking. Because the habit was such a part of your life, it may feel like something is missing now that it is gone! Try a new stress-relieving exercise or new social activity, such as soccer or dog walks in the park. If you want to ‘replace’ the cigarette, you can even start drinking herbal tea to keep you occupied when you would normally take a “smoke break”. The point is, choose a healthy habit.
- Be mindful of your triggers. Make a list of what gives you the urge to smoke. Stress is often a big one, so keep other stress-relieving activities on hand for when the times get tough. Be mindful of your smoking urges, as the more aware you are, the less likely you’ll give in.
- Keep your vape stashed somewhere even when you have finished using it. There may be a time when you crave a smoke, and this is when you should pull out your nicotine free e-liquid rather than buy a cigarette! You don’t want to undo all that hard work.
- Never give up, even if you relapse. This is normal – many people go through phases where they end up relapsing. The important thing is not to give up, but to get right back to quitting that habit. If you can do it once, you can do it again.
Please follow and like us: