Vaping Supplies: Replacing Old Vape Coils
Replacing your old vape coil is always a time to celebrate. You no longer have to deal with a lingering burnt taste when dragging on your vape. Your flavor won’t be compromised by your old coil anymore either. It’s the perfect way to kickstart your day. However, a new vaper may not know when vape coils should be replaced, how to replace them or how to select the right coil for the job.
When should coils be replaced?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a set lifespan for a coil. Depending on how you vape, the juice you use and even the coil you use, your coil could last anywhere between a single week to a month or even two. One of the most common signs as to when your coil needs to be replaced is when you drag on your vape and it gives off a burnt or dry taste. Try and replace your coil immediately if you can. This is why many vapers keep a few necessary vaping supplies on hand such as coils or wicks, so they won’t need to wait to replace their coil.
Some vapers are extremely cautious and change their coils bi-weekly, but in all honesty, it depends on you. If you feel that the taste isn’t up to your normal standards, change your coil.
Signs that your coil needs to be changed include but aren’t limited to: (h3)
Signs that your coil needs to be changed include but aren’t limited to
- A dry, burnt taste when dragging on the vape
- Strange noises coming from your tank as you inhale
- Your vape juice tastes strange
- Your vape is leaking
Remember, you have to replace your coils. It is an important part of your vape and to get the most out of your vaping experience, you want your equipment to be in peak condition.
How to Replace Vape Coils
Thankfully, this is one of the easier things to do and you can do it from almost anywhere provided you have the necessary vaping supplies on hand. The following is a step by step breakdown on how to replace your vape coil.
- Step 1: Remove the tank from the battery and take off the cap of the tank.
- Step 2: Carefully put the tank down, as you don’t want to break it. You can use this as a chance to clean your tank.
- Step 3: Unscrew the damaged coil from the tank cap and dispose of it properly (coils are made of metal, so they can be recycled).
- Step 4: Thoroughly clean the tank cap but be 100% certain that it is dry before you screw in the new coil.
- Step 5: Reattach the tank cap to the tank and the battery and leave it in an upright position for a few minutes.
Step 5 is important to take note of when replacing your coil. Giving your vapes coil a chance to soak in vape juice is important. If you don’t and try to inhale your coil will just burn the flavor before you get to enjoy it.
Choosing The Right Coil
Vaping allows users the freedom of expression and choice. You’re able to customize your vape to suit your specific needs and coils are no different. Different coils can have a different effect on how your vape performs depending on how they were manufactured and what materials were used in the process. One coil type is more tightly wound, which can restrict your vaping experience. It restricts airflow and while it does ensure that your battery lasts longer, if you’re into clouds, it’s not the coil for you. Another coil type is less tightly wound and will give you an intense flavor and produce huge clouds. The choice is yours to make.